Why Meera Associates
BUY / SELL UNLISTED / PRE IPO SHARES
Many young companies grow much faster than mature companies due to their lower base hence they tend to significantly outperform the benchmark returns. However, a lot of this growth happens before the company goes public with an IPO. Hence participating in such companies in the Growth / Pre IPO stage can provide superior returns to have high quality shares at the best price.
Liquidity is one of the key challenges for shareholders of unlisted / Pre IPO shares. An employee holding ESOPs or an investor with a diversified portfolio may want to sell their unlisted / Pre IPO shares to generate cash or to simply book profits. Sellers need a safe mechanism like meera associates that provides them the best price for their shares, matching of trade and enables even retail trades.
We have helped 1000s of individual & institutional clients in buying and selling high quality unlisted shares/Pre IPO Shares.
Our superiority stems robust systems and processes which provide smooth and hassle free flow to ensuring timely delivery of shares and money to the clients.
While investments in Unlisted/Pre IPO shares have the potential of giving high returns, they are also accompanied by higher risk due to a variety of reasons. Investors need to exercise caution while investing in Unlisted/Pre IPO companies. Generally, they should have a minimum time horizon of 4 to 5 years and should not allocate more than 30% of their portfolio in Unlisted/Pre IPO shares*.
LIQUIDITY FOR ISSUING COMPANIES
High quality employees and Financial / Strategic investors are crucial to spur the high speed growth of unlisted growth stage companies. Companies spend large amounts of money to attract and retain top talent and to align employee and company objectives. Employee Stock Options (ESOPs) is very powerful tool do so. However, without timely and adequate liquidity, ESOPs may lose its attractiveness in the minds of the employees and hence defeat the purpose of ESOPs. Early stage investors who may have achieved their investment objectives or are nearing the investment time horizon, look for a liquidity event and may push the company to go public prematurely. Both these important types of shareholders will have greater confidence if the company provides them smooth exit at fair value.
We also provides customised engagement models with companies to address the above needs. Such engagement has several benefits to the company.
- The company can plan its public offering without liquidity pressures from financial investors.
- Arms length price discovery reduces cost and increases reliability.
- Improves visibility of the company thereby attracting stronger investors.
- Higher liquidity. Hence no buy-back pressures on the company.
- Cost effective recruitment and retention of top quality talent.
- Easier administration.
- Better, easier and cost effective communication with shareholders and investors.
- Fast and smooth transactions.
BROKERAGE & DISTRIBUTION
We provides a variety of services
- Access to reputed RTAs (Registrar and Share Transfer Agents).
- Dematerialisation of shares.
- Connectivity with NSDL and CDSL.
- Liquidity for shareholders.
- Debt Syndication.
- Private Equity Syndication.
- Buy & Sell in Listed & Unlisted markets.